Wonderful.... the last thing I wanted to do during this pregnancy was wait for something else to come out of me. If that wasn't bad enough when they hooked me up to the monitors to monitor the baby and see if I was having any contractions turns out.... I am in labor. My contractions were about 4 to 5 minutes apart and coming on strong. Because I was only 36 weeks along the doctor didn't want the baby to come just yet so they decided to give me a shot that would stop my labor. Luckily the shot worked and my contractions slowly started to get farther apart and eventually stopped.
After stopping my labor they did a bunch of tests and I had an ultra sound to look at my kidneys, the baby, my bladder, and everything else.
While having the ultra sound they found that I had about 5 or 6 Gal stones, some weird other thing in my kidney I can't pronounce and an inflammed left kidney(all of which, minus the gal stones, are very common while pregnant). They didn't think the result of my pain had anything to do with the gal stones and there is nothing to worry about with those for now while I am pregnant or the inflammation so they were at a lose. They couldn't find any kidney stones, which is what they were almost certain it was so they decided to give me a shot for the pain and an antibiotic to treat a possible kidney infection just incase there was some underlining infection.
As soon as they got me set up on the antibiotics I felt a million times better. The pain medications did nothing for me, but apparently the antibiotics were helping with something.
They kept me over night and then released me the next day.
Unfortunately the pain would only subside for a short amount of time. A little less than a week later my sister, C.G. flew into town to spend her spring break with us. The next day I was back in the hospital with the same if not worse pain. It was such a blessing that my sister was here because Levi has been so swamped with work lately that there is no way he would have been able to be home and take care of Wylie. They did an ultrasound again to see if a kidney stone or anything had popped up, but once again. Nothing.... my kidney was still inflamed and I still obviously had the gal stones, but other than that everything looked great. They couldn't see anything that would be causing me all this pain. Of course after the ultra sound they set me up again on the monitors to check the baby and my contractions... Low and behold my contractions were 6 to 8 minutes apart and strong as could be. The nurse said that she is just going to let me go and if I do end up going into labor that I will just have the baby and they can do further tests afterwards. Apparently the on call doctor didn't like that idea and told her that she needed to give me something to slow down my contractions so that I didn't have the baby. Lame on call doctor!!! I was so mad. By now I was so emotionally and physically drained that I just burst into tears. I couldn't take any more of this. Luckily my sister came with Wylie to the hospital and cheered me up. I realized it was important to try and keep our little guy in there as long as possible, but when it is down to the end it gets really hard to remember the importance each day is. They got me pretty stable on the pain medication and put me on strict bed rest. It was good to be home, especially in time for Easter. Unfortunately there is still pain, but I am going to try and tough it out for just one more week. Luckily I have been so blessed to have my sister, and now my dad in town to help me out. Wylie is enjoying it too. I sure can't wait for the little guy to get here.... I AM DONE!! :-)



Awe honey! That is awful! I am so glad that you have some family here with you, though. Can't wait to meet Little Easton NEXT WEEK!!!
ReplyDelete