Saturday, February 18, 2012

Funny moments!!!

Easton is quite the mischievous little guy. I can't turn my head for one second without him getting into something. If he isn't opening a cupboard and pulling everything out, he is pulling things off the table, throwing things, or trying to eat something he has found.
While we are here in Utah we got a hand-me down crib to use for Easton. A couple of weeks ago one of the screws in Easton's crib came out and we thought we fixed it... Apparently not good enough.... Both Wylie and Easton were upstairs in their rooms taking a nap, and Levi and I were downstairs talking with my sister. Out of nowhere we heard the sound of a doorstop being flicked. We hadn't heard either of the kids wake up, but it was coming from upstairs. We headed up to Wylie and Easton's room expecting to see Wylie playing with the doorstop. When we opened the door the first thing we saw was one entire side of Easton's crib completely off and laying on the floor. There was NOTHING there.... Wylie was still fast asleep and behind the door was Easton playing with the door stop, looking up at us with a huge smile on his face. I couldn't believe it. This little guy took out the side of his crib. Not a couple of rails, the entire side, and after that he crawled down and out of his crib to the doorstop to entertain himself. ;-) TIME FOR A NEW CRIB.... ha ha

Wylie is hilarious... Now that she understands sounds she puts different noises together. If you stinker she will call you out on it. If you burp she will tell you to say "excuse me." If you sneeze she will be the first to say "bless you." So the other day when Levi was playing with her and he blew on her belly she sat up and said, "EWW DADDY, YOU TOOTED! THAT'S GROSS!" :-) I couldn't stop laughing for, I swear, a half hour. The serious look on her face was priceless, and her finger pointing up at his face calling him out was the cherry on top. :-) She is so adorable!
She also is very into phones. I think that she can work a cell phone better than I can. It is amazing... She will pick up a phone, and it has to be a real phone the fake ones don't fool her, and she will talk into the phone as if there was someone on the other line. She picked my phone up the other day and called her Dad. Levi was taking a test so he didn't answer, but that didn't stop Wylie from leaving him a nice long message. :-) Lucky Daddy got a great surprise when he came out from taking his test.
Wylie is quite the sneaky little girl... She loves to go into other people's rooms and find whatever she can, and enjoy whatever she can, specifically Nana and C.G.'s rooms. She loves Nana's new big bed. She loves to go in there and lay on Nana's bed all curled up under her blankets and on top of all the pillows. If she isn't going to get into the big bed, she is going for her candy. Nana keeps candy in her room and Wylie is always finding it.
When she isn't in Nana's room you can usually find her in C.G.'s room. She will come out with suckers, blankets, stuffed animals, everything. C.G.'s room is a gold mine! :-) A few times Wylie has wondered into either Nana or C.G.'s room I hear her yelling... "Mom, I stuck." I don't know how she does it, but somehow she can get herself wedged in between beds, chairs and dressers. I never know what she was doing to get herself into those spots, but it is fun to hear her laugh about it when I come in to help her get out.

Each day brings more laughs. I have so much joy with my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment