Wylie's Birthday Cake (looks just like her doggie)
I'm the Birthday Girl!!!
WYLIE IS 1 YEARS OLD!!! YAY!!!
I cannot believe how fast the time has gone by!! This past year has been such an amazing and wonderful blessing. We are so excited to have Wylie in our life, she is such a doll. Being a mother is the greatest calling in the world. I could have never imagined how great it is to become a mother, and to be able to have the opportunity to experience motherhood while I am here on this earth. Heavenly Father blessing me with such an amazing child makes all those things a million times better!
For Wylie's birthday we met my parents, Jordan, and C.G. in New Mexico to celebrate. Because we live in Texas away from all of our family, It was so much fun to be able to spend such an exciting time with family. For Wylie's birthday we went down to the game room at the hotel we were staying in to celebrate. My friend Tanna Shumard made Wylie's birthday cake that looked exactly like her favorite stuffed dog that she carries around with her. It was the perfect cake, Tanna did such an amazing job. We skyped with Levi's parents and a few of his nieces while Wylie opened up her presents and dug into her cake. I was SO happy that we were able to skype with them and have all our family be apart of Wylie's special day.
We first opened up Wylie's presents from all of her grandparents and of course mom and dad. She got a lot of fun and great things from everyone. Spoiled little girl! :-) After opening all of her gifts we set Wylie down in front of her cake and let her have at it. We all thought that she would dig right in and make a mess, but she was actually very proper. She loved her cake so much that she didn't want to mess it up. Levi kept trying to get her to dig into it, but she wasn't having it. She would only take tiny pieces out of one corner of the cake and put it in her mouth. Once she finished that piece she would sweetly pick up another small piece and put it in her mouth. I couldn't believe it... I have been feeding this girl her meals for over 8 months now, and I know she is not that clean when she eats. I am usually cleaning up heaps of food off the floor, walls, highchair, and her. Of course the one time I don't mind if she gets food all over her, she decides to be proper and clean.
It was an exciting night. After eating her cake, Wylie ran around the game room playing with all of her fun new gifts, and playing with her grandparents, aunt and uncle. I don't think she went to bed until 11 that night. Apparently just that little bit of cake was enough sugar to keep her up.
The rest of the trip was a blast as well. Wylie shares her birthday with my parents Anniversary so we also celebrated that while we were all together. I had my friend Tanna make a cake for them as well. (There was a lot of sugar this weekend.) We also went out and did some sight seeing. We went to a couple different museums, hiking, and just enjoyed spending time with family. Like always the weekend came to an end way to quickly.
I still can't believe that Wylie is 1 and how much she has grown over the past year. I remember being in the hospital as if it was yesterday holding my helpless newborn baby girl. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. What an amazing learning and growing opportunity my Heavenly Father has given me. She is the greatest blessing in my life. She is no longer as helpless as she once was. She has been walking since she was 10 months now which now allows her access to so many new things. I find myself chasing her from one room to another. Laundry is constantly being thrown places, books and movies are never on the shelves or in cupboards because she has found them. She is a curious little rascal, and she LOVES books. She will get her books and "read" them. Of course I have no idea what she is actually saying, but it is cute to see her turning the pages in the book and speaking jiberish. She is our little genius. I can't wait to see where this next year takes us with our little angel.
Jessica, Levi, Wylie



No comments:
Post a Comment