Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Scripture Study

This isn't going to be much of a post, but I wanted to write this down for myself to have as a memory.  At night we have family prayer and scripture study with Wylie.  When we read Wylie HAS to be holding the scriptures and turning the pages.  I hate to admit that we aren't the greatest at constantly showing her pictures of Jesus except for the one we have up in our house and the pictures that are in the Family Book of Mormon when we read.  So sadly to say we haven't showed her pictures of christ often.  Last night as we were reading however, Wylie turned the page and immediately looked at the picture in the book, pointed at Christ and said, "Jesus!" It was so cute! She got so excited, and kept saying Jesus, Jesus, Jesus and looking at us with her big excited eyes.  The most impressive part to me was that the picture was of Christ and his disciples and each time she would point at the picture she pointed only at Christ.  It made me think how innocent little children are and how well they KNOW Christ and our Heavenly Father.  In that moment i had a greater understanding of becoming like a little child in spirit.  I can't believe how much my 1 year old teaches me with such simple actions.  She is such a blessing.

2 comments:

  1. That is super sweet. I think little kids always know better than we ever will. It's sad we have to grow up and forget the simpleness of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am had similar experiences with my own kids. They truly have "adult" spirits. There are times when I seriously think my kids have been looking at someone that I cannot see.

    ReplyDelete