Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Catch Up!!






It has been an extremely busy summer, and I can't believe that is coming to an end. :-( Because we have been so busy I have not been very good at keeping my blog updated so we are playing a little bit of catch up.
So much has happened over this summer! Easton just turned 4 months old and Wylie is now 18 months. Both of my kids are getting so big. Wylie is a parrot. She will repeat EVERYTHING we say. Including when we read scriptures. Just the other night while we were having family scripture study Levi was reading and in the scriptures it talked about a "dumb ass" of course Wylie being the smart girl she is, hears Dad read those words and decides to repeat them. So our sweet, innocent 18 month old lets out a yell and says "A$$" Levi and I looked and each other and couldn't help it. We busted out laughing, which didn't help the matter because Wylie saw the reaction she got after she used the word so she continued to repeat it. It took us couple of times to get her to stop, and so far she hasn't said it since. On the bright side at least we know that she was listening while Levi was reading. I love the irony of her swearing while we were reading the scriptures though. :-)
Other than repeating everything we say, Wylie is growing up so fast. She loves books and is very quick to learn new things. With each day that goes by she has figured something new out around the house. Her favorite thing right now is Mickey Mouse. She loves to watch that show and loves to sing the "Hot Dog" song at the end and dance. Not only does she love the Hot Dog song, she loves just about every song, and will dance to just about anything. She no longer is a quite car rider. We can't go anywhere in the car now without her singing, talking, or making funny noises while we are driving. One of her favorite things to do is to make us sing songs over... and over.... and over again. :-) She will start the songs off, usually it is either ABC or Twinkle Twinkle, and then after starting us off she yells for Da Da and Ma Ma to start singing. There are many times she will even yell over to Easton to start singing. She doesn't allow anyone not to be singing. This little girl is so full of life, I love her so much. I feel so grateful that she is part of my life and for the amazing spirit that she is. I can't believe how fast she is growing up.
Easton is such a sweetheart. He is my little cuddle bug! If I could I would hold him and cuddle him all day long. He has been such a wonderful added blessing into our family. He rolls over now from his back to his front. He must prefer to be on his stomach because he has only rolled over from his front to the back once. :-) He is really good about sitting up by himself though. He can easily sit-up supported, but is very impressive sitting all by himself. He can stay up for quite a while before he leans forward to try and eat his toes and falls over. This sweet little kid ALWAYS has to have something in his mouth. If he doesn't have his binkie in his mouth, you can guarantee that he has his whole fist in his mouth. It is actually pretty impressive. One of my favorite qualities of Easton is his big smile. That kid smiles with his whole face and his beautiful blue eyes. I adore him!! His sweet personality is showing more and more every day. You can just look at that little guy and he will shoot you the biggest toothless smile you have ever seen. He is his dad's little mini me. There is no doubt that he belongs to Levi! I love how much they look alike and in so many ways how much he is like his father. He is growing up so fast already! They are only newborns for such a short amount of time and I always find myself asking where all the time has gone. He is four month old now and just growing. He wears 6 month, and at times even 9 month clothes. I can't believe it. He is growing like crazy! He has the cutest chubby thighs that matches his adorable chubby arms. I can not stop kissing that little boy! I just love him so much and he has the most kissable little face, with the most adorable smile and dimple to go with it.
Levi and I truly feel like we are the luckiest parents in the world. We love our children so much and are so grateful to have them apart of our lives. We are looking forward to them continuing to grow and for the millions of great memories we will make with them. They teach us every day, and it is a joy to be their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment