On May 5th, 2012 my little man turned 1! I can't believe how fast the year went by, and that my baby is already 1. It has been such and amazing year. I don't know what our lives would be like without Easton in it.
For Easton's 1 year birthday we decided that we would go to Chucky Cheese and have a small simple party at home with Mom, Dad, Wylie, and of course the birthday boy! We have recently moved to Arizona so we don't know anyone and we don't have any family out here, so instead we skyped with family while Easton tore into his cake and we celebrated.
First thing in the morning we had a birthday breakfast for Easton. After naps we headed to Chucky Cheese for a couple hours. Our kids LOVE Chucky Cheese. Their favorite thing was playing skeeball and basketball. Easton wanted to carry the skeeballs around with him everywhere. "Ball" is easily one of Easton's favorite words. He was saying that the entire time we were there. With his eyes wide as could be he would say "ball" and run to any of the games that had a ball involved. They also loved the Barney ride(well Wylie especially loved the Barney ride), and the jungle gym with the slide.
We had a lot of fun at Chucky Cheese, and afterwards we headed back home for the much anticipated cake and presents. I made Easton, of course, a baseball cake. At least that's what it was supposed to be. Easton knew what it was so that's all that matters right. :-) It definitely turned out better than I thought. Not that it's a hard thing to make, but when it comes to art stuff... it's not my strong point. Anyways, both the kids were really excited to have cake and ice cream. We stripped Easton down to his diaper, sat him in his highchair, and put the cake on the table in front of him where he could see it, but not quite reach it until we were ready. I thought he was going to break out of his highchair. He was trying so hard to get to that cake. He kept reaching his hands out and saying "ball." We quickly sang Happy Birthday, and tried to keep him from grabbing the cake before he had blown out the candle. Finally after we sang we gave him the cake and let him have at it. There was no hesitation as he shoved his hands into the cake and then into his mouth. The little guy was going to town. Wylie loved watching him eat the cake and kept laughing and saying "Easton is silly." The poor guy started to slow down pretty quickly though. I think that was a lot of sugar he was definitely not used to. He suddenly stopped and while staring at what was left of his cake he lifted his arms up and said, "all done." He destroyed his cake, and had the cheesiest, most adorable smile on his face the entire time. After cake and ice cream the kids had a huge sugar high while we tried to get Easton to open his presents, and then had a major sugar crash quickly after, which meant bed time.
We had an enjoyable day celebrating Easton's birthday. It has been an amazing year. I feel so blessed to have this little man in my life. I am fortunate enough that he is such a cuddle bug, and a huge momma's boy. He is going to break hearts some day. He is his Dad's son. He looks so much like Levi, and has so many of his Dad's traits. He has such a soft heart, and can melt you with his smile. He gets you every time when he cries though. The aligator tears come streaming out of his eyes. I have never seen such big tears come out of anyone's eyes, including an adult, and when he is really upset, they just keep coming. It breaks your heart. He definitely knows how to get what he wants, and he has everyone wrapped around his little fingers. He has been walking since he was about 10 1/2 months and he now runs everywhere he goes. He wants to be involved with everything that is going on. Especially with whatever big sister is doing. She is so good to play with him, and is learning how to share and involve him. I love watching them play with one another. Now that Easton is a little bit older they can do more things together, and are really learning how to play with one another.
Easton is already a little athlete. He loves to play catch, and I must say he already has quite an arm. He loves to chase Wylie around the house.(and by chase I mean follow) He will eat anything that you put in front of him and then some. I usually end up giving him some of my food because he still wants more after his is gone. He loves to climb up on Wylie's bed with her, and they will sit and do puzzles or read books together. He loves animals, and loves to make animal noises. His favorite are Lions, Gorillas, Monkeys, Elephants and dinosaurs. Wylie has taught him a lot of animal noises and he likes to make all of them. One of my favorites is the Gorilla because he pounds on his chest while making the noise. I also like the Elephant because he uses his arm to pretend it is a trunk. One thing I love most about Easton though is how loving he is. He is constantly giving hugs, or cuddles, or kisses. He loves to give loves. Don't get me wrong, he is still very much a boy. It's amazing how boys love to wrestle, punch, kick, pinch, all of it, and think it's funny from the very beginning. At the end of the day though he is my little cuddle bug. I love him so much, and I am so blessed to have him in my life. What a joy he brings into our home, and he has the sweetest spirit about him. I can't wait to see what this next year, and years to come bring us with this little guy.
We love you so much Easton! Happy 1 year Birthday!
***My computer is being weird, pictures to come later!***
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment