Wow 4 years of marriage, we can't believe it! Four years and almost 3 kids later... :-) We wouldn't change it for the world though. Because we have had kids every year for the past 3 years, and because we haven't lived close to family so we didn't really have anyone we felt we could leave 2 babies with, we haven't been able to really do anything for our past few anniversaries. This year the baby isn't due until October so I figured we should do something nice for this anniversary. Make it a "babymoon" before our third child comes and we are tied down for a while!! :-)
Now that we live in Arizona it is such a blessing to be able to see my dad so often. My Dad travels down to Arizona at least a couple of times a month for work, so we are able to see him and spend time with him. I decided to try and use this to my advantage... I talked to my Dad about arranging a time that while he is down here that Levi and I could go on a weekend getaway while he watched the kids for us. My kids were thrilled with this idea. No mom and dad, and Papa is going to come and stay with us... Yes!!! They love their Papa! I am so grateful to my dad for being willing to watch our kids for us so that Levi and I could go on this vacation.
So for a Friday, Saturday, and part of Sunday my Dad came down and watched the kids for us while Levi and I went to a nice resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. It was my first time away from the kids so it was a little hard for Levi to get me out the door, but I finally managed it. :-) I think before this weekend the longest I had been away from my kids was probably 3 hours, so I was taking a big leap with an entire weekend. ha ha It was very weird to not have to pack for the kids, and to drive in the car without the kids. At one point I think Levi and I just drove in silence to enjoy just that.... SILENCE! :-)
First thing we did after we left was go to dinner, and a movie. We went to see Snow White and the Huntsman, which we both really enjoyed. Afterwards we headed to our hotel. We actually would be checking in almost 4 hours late, but when we got there they told us that our room wasn't ready! You're kidding me right. I understand if we get there right at check in time, and our room isn't ready, but to get there four hours late, and your room isn't ready that kinda annoyed both of us. They compensated us with some vouchers, and told us that it would probably be a half hour wait, so we decided to drive down to the Walmart and get some snacks and stuff for the night. When we got back 45 minutes later, we still had to wait another 15 minutes before they got us our keys. When we got to our hotel, it was really nice, and they had left some sparkling cider and chocolate covered strawberries in our room. Those didn't last long! :-) It was late, and we are lame so we just enjoyed the rest of the night in together.
The next morning we decided to head down to the water park. Levi was really excited about the huge lazy river that they had, so naturally we hit that up first. It was a really nice water park. We did the lazy river, played water basketball, and layed out. It was fun to be able to relax, and just enjoy one another. Of course I had to call my Dad a couple of times a day, which I am sure was a little annoying, but I'm a mom! :-) It sounds like they were having plenty of fun with their PaPa. After playing in the water for a while we went to lunch, and headed back to our room so that we could get ready for a nice dinner that Levi had set up for us at the Arrowhead grill. (Recommended by my Dad.) Before we went to dinner though we went to the new Batman movie. SOOO GOOD! We both really enjoyed it! Afterwards dinner was wonderful! Levi and I both got some delicious steaks and sides, and they brought us out a beautiful dessert for our anniversary! We were very impressed with my dad's recommendation, and can't wait to go back.
Following dinner we decided to just make it a movie weekend since that is one thing we haven't done alone in such a long time. We have taken the kids to some kids movies here and there, and when we lived in Utah we went to the movies once or twice. Since living in Arizona though we had not been able to go OUT to a movie in a long time just Levi and I. So we decided to take advantage of that and went to see a third movie, Bourne Legacy. It was also a great movie!!
After the movie we headed back to our hotel, and enjoyed the rest of the night in with one another. I think both of our favorite parts of the weekend was just being able to sleep in, and not having to wake up until we actually wanted too. Of course we weren't gone long enough for our internal alarm clocks to turn off though so we still were waking up earlier than we wanted to while on vacation, but at least we had the option to just lay there in bed. :-)
Sunday morning we slept in. We didn't think we would be able to make it back in time for church, so we took a little bit more time to ourselves before heading back home. My wonderful Dad decided to brave going to church and got both the kids dressed and took them to church. They made it through sacrament, but when it came time for Wylie to have to go to nursery, there was no was she was going to let her PaPa leave her so it turned into an emotional break down. We were about a half hour away so my Dad got the kids together and they headed home. I was really excited to be able to see my cute kids again. As enjoyable as it was to have some time away with Levi, I really missed my babies. I was glad that they missed me too. Of course the welcome home from them was short lived because PaPa was still there, and still the most exciting thing, i'll take what I could get though.
It was a really enjoyable weekend. I still can't believe that Levi and I have been married for 4 years. It feels live forever though. In a good way of course. I feel as if I have known him forever, and I can't imagine my life without him. He has given me so much, 3 of those things being children that I absolutely love and adore with all of my heart! We are so blessed! I am looking forward to all the amazing years that we have ahead of us, and all of the adventures we will take with one another and our family. I am grateful that my Dad was so wonderful, and gave up his time to watch our kids for us. I know that my kids loved it! Levi and I are both so blessed to have such amazing parents, and hope that we can be half the parents that they are to us.
Happy Anniversary Levi! I love you so much!!! XOXO
How to Make Homemade Root Beer Recipe
1 week ago



No comments:
Post a Comment