Again more catching up.....
Wow!!! What a crazy roller coaster nursery has been so far with Wylie. As soon as Wylie turned 18 months old and was supposed to go into nursery, we started going out of town, and were in the process of moving. So for the first month of what was supposed to be the beginning of nursery, we were gone. At this point we had moved to Utah for the next couple of months. While we were in Utah, we were going back and forth between Levi's parents house and my parent's. When we were down in Gunnison Wylie would NOT go to nursery, and at my parents ward every time I went to take Wylie to nursery they didn't have a teacher, or it was always a substitute. Needless to say it was a very rough, and inconsistent experience for Wylie, and made her very clingy to me. Especially with no consistency. I could not leave her without her screaming and crying. So the options were... stay in there the entire time with her, or she came to class with me after long crying episodes.
Finally we moved here to Arizona, where we could at least start establishing some consistency with nursery. Again it was a long process... It started all over again... crying, clinging, and never going to nursery. :-) I was even more nervous because she was finally getting better about going to nursery, and I at least could stand in the corner without her crying, they changed the nursery teachers. Luckily for us one of my friends got called into nursery, and her daughter(Wylie's friend that lives across the way, and they play together a lot) turned 18 months and was now in nursery. Yay maybe a solution to our problem. I was optimistic about nursery. Wylie knew Tiffani(her new teacher) and I was hoping that because she knows Tiffani, and her daughter maybe this familiar face would help her to adjust to going to nursery. I also never thought about it, but I decided that maybe we should try and have Levi take Wylie to nursery instead of me. Start completely fresh with new things... The first couple of times Levi had to stay in there for almost the entire 2nd hour of church, but eventually she would go and sit with Tiffani, and not cry. We were making progress. Although Levi would have to stay in there for a while at least he could eventually leave and Wylie was really enjoying nursery. :-)
SUCCESS!!!! Thank you Tiffani! It was such a blessing to us, maybe not to Tiffani, that she was called into nursery. Wylie now LOVES nursery! Levi takes her to nursery, Wylie runs in, sits down and starts reading a book, Levi leaves, and on the way home all Wylie talks about is nursery! It was a LONG process, but we finally figured it all out. Next stop Easton.... That little guy is already begging to go to nursery. I don't think he will be a problem. At least I hope not!! :-/
Monday, September 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Just in time for Sunbeams in a few months! Lol! Miss you guys!!!
ReplyDelete