Saturday, September 29, 2012

St. George!!!

Labor Day weekend!!! Initially we had nothing planned for Labor Day weekend. Levi's nephew who lives in Saint George was getting baptized that weekend, and as badly as we wanted to go, it is about a 7 hour drive there, and we just didn't have the money to go so we had told my sister in law we wouldn't be there. I tried a few times to convince Levi that we should go, but I guess I just wasn't convincing enough. :-)
That Friday(of Labor Day Weekend) I was on the phone with Levi's mom, she told me that everyone was planning on going to Saint George that weekend. I had mentioned to here how badly I wish we were going to Saint George, and how much we missed everyone. We hadn't seen any of Levi's family since February so we were really missing them. As soon as I mentioned to her that I was even thinking about making the drive up, and that I had been trying to convince Levi that we should go, my mother in law was thrilled. She was so sweet, and told me how much she wanted us to come up, and even offered to help us make the trip. Before I knew it I was off the phone with my mother in law, and Levi was walking in the door after work talking to my mother in law. He looked at me and basically said, alright Jess if you want to go you better start packing because we are leaving right now. Apparently all it took was some convincing from his Mom! Why didn't I think about calling her earlier instead of last minute and now I am frantically trying to pack for the weekend. It was a fun spontaneous moment though.
We quickly packed all of our stuff and jumped on the road on the way to St. George. We were all really excited to be able to see our family, and Wylie and Easton were especially excited that they were going to see all of their cousins.
We headed out Friday around 4, and got to our hotel in St. George around midnight that night with the hour time loss. The drive went really well except for literally the last 15 minutes before we got to our hotel. Both  of the kids had fallen asleep and all of a sudden Easton woke up coughing really hard to the point that he threw up. We pulled over, got him cleaned up, checked to make sure he was alright, and quickly got to the hotel. When we got settled Easton was still coughing really hard, and was starting to run a fever. It was breaking my heart! It just came out of nowhere, and we would be with family all weekend. We gave him some medicine, and that night I got up with him a couple of times because he was coughing so hard, but other than that he seemed to sleep off his fever, and slept in until about 10 the next morning.
Poor Easton was still not feeling well.  Not only that, but on our way out to the car that morning for some reason, he decided to pick up a huge red ant and put it in his mouth. Of course the stinking ant stung the poor kid in the mouth, and he was crying unconsolably for 45 minutes. So far this was not his trip. Finally I think the pain went away and he was back to his normal, although still sick, self. The funny thing is that the little guy could be sicker than sick, and yet he is still the happiest kid in the world. Always a smile on his face. Well except for after he put the ant in his mouth. :-) He is just too adorable! For Beau's (Levi's Nephew) baptism/birthday they were having everyone over to their neighborhood clubhouse for pizza, and swimming. We all got our swim stuff and headed over to see our family and go swimming. Both Wylie and Easton were really enjoying swimming and seeing all of their cousins. Both of them started to get tired though, and Easton out of no where fell asleep on Levi. After a while of swimming we quickly went back to the hotel to get ready for Beau's baptism, and headed over to the church. It was a stake baptism so there was a lot of kids being baptized that day, but it was so awesome that we were able to be there to share in that special day with Beau.
After the baptism, the whole family went out to dinner. It was fun to all be together, and as always with all of the kids, a little hectic. :-) We were really enjoying being with family though. We were sad that my sister in law Jennifer, her new baby, Dane, and oldest daughter, Savana couldn't be there though. Sadly I Savana had gotten sick so we missed having them there.
After dinner we headed back to our hotel where Brenten, Maren and their kids, our family, Heath and his kids, and PaPa and Grandma were all staying. Luckily we all got rooms right next to one another so we were able to all hang out in Grandma and PaPa's room for a while. It is always fun to catch up with everyone, and to just enjoy one another's company.
The next day was Sunday, and we all went to church at T.J. and Emily's ward.  Sacrament was great! All of the kids entertained each other, and were huddled around Grandma so it made sacrament enjoyable for the parents. :-) We wanted to stay for all 3 blocks of church so we thought we would try to have Wylie go into nursery. Three of her cousins would be going with her so we thought it would help her feel comfortable going. Boy were we wrong!!! She was not having it! Cousins or not, there was no way she was going to stay in nursery. So I took Easton with me, and Wylie went with Levi to class. Apparently as soon as Levi sat down in Priesthood Wylie feel asleep so maybe that's why she wasn't having it at nursery. The rest of the night we spent having dinner and hanging out at T.J. and Emilee's house. My kids were LOVING getting to spend time with their cousins, and Levi and I were enjoying spending time with family.
The next morning Nora Ann and I went shopping for some material at JoAnn's,(everything was on sale) while the guys took the kids and went to a bunch of other stores. It was fun to be able to spend some one on one time with my wonderful mother in law, and she helped me pick out some really cute material for a bench I am going to make. After shopping we said our good byes and headed back home.
We are so grateful to Levi's parents for making it possible for us to have been able to go on this trip. They made it possible for us to be able to spend time with them, and with the rest of the family. I know I have said it time and time again, but Levi and I are truly blessed to have such wonderful parents. Still to this day they are taking care of us, and helping us out. We will forever be in their debt.
On the drive back home we decided to take the time and stop at the Hoover Dam. We walked up on top of the big bridge in order to catch the Dam in its fullest. We didn't spend a lot of time there, but it was really neat, and we are glad that we took the time to stop and see it.
We finally got home, and we were ready for bed. We had such a fun weekend, and I am so grateful that we were able to go and spend time with family. I know that both of our kids especially enjoyed seeing all their cousins. Wylie loved playing in the sandbox especially. I think all of the kids played in there for a couple of hours together. It made me realize how fast she is growing up now though. I can't believe how fast the time is going by. Where is the pause button?!? We were grateful we were able to go, and can't wait to see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment